The Autism Science Foundation sponsored the Rockland Autism Symposium on October 18 in Suffern, NY. This day of learning and discovery attracted over 800 parents and educators to hear from esteemed speakers including
- Paul Offit, MD—Professor of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania; Director of the Vaccine Education Center at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia; Author
- Peter Gerhardt, EdD—Director of the Upper School at the McCarton School; Chairman of the Scientific Council for the Organization for Autism Research; Author
- Andrés Martin, MD, MPH—Professor of Child Psychiatry, Psychiatry Director of Medical Studies, Yale Child Study Center; Medical Director of Children’s Psychiatric Service, Yale-New Haven Children’s Hospital
- Eustacia Cutler—Author, A Mother’s Perspective: Temple Grandin’s Mother Tells the Family Story and A Thorn in My Pocket
- Suzanne Sennett—Acting Deputy Commissioner, NYS OPWDD
- Mike Miklos and Amiris DiPuglia—Educational Intervention for Students with Autism: An Overview of the Pennsylvania Verbal Behavior Project
Bringing together educators, parents, and scientists will help us find the answers to autism’s causes and treatments.